Renishaw’s Axiset™ Check-Up
MD Calibrations now offers the new cost-effective solution for checking the alignment and positioning performance of rotary axes. In just a few minutes, users of five-axis machining centres and multi-tasking mill-turn machines can now identify and report on poor machine alignments and geometry that can cause extended process setting times, as well as non-conforming parts.
Renishaw’s Axiset™ Check-Up provides accurate and repeatable test results using automated probing routines to gather performance data from a reference artifact, and includes simple, yet powerful analysis. All tests utilize existing spindle-mounted Renishaw touch probes, which are standard fitment on most multi-axis machines, with probing routines generated using machine-specific macro software supplied with Axiset™ Check-Up.
With its probing macro software and a dedicated calibration artifact, it provides graphical representations of multi-axis machine performance. It makes PASS or FAIL decisions based on defined tolerances, and allows performance to be tracked over time, using history and comparison functions. All of which helps to identify poor machine alignments and geometry due to machine set-up, collisions or wear.
Performance analysis is reported graphically via Microsoft® Excel®, compared against user defined tolerances and stored for historical comparison. All results can be printed in a standardized report via
AxiSet ™ Check-Up System Literature (PDF Format Downloads)
Benefits of AxiSet™ Check-Up
- Measure and report multi-axis machine performance in a matter of minutes
- Capability to detect and report errors in rotary axis centre of rotation (pivot points) that are critical in 5 axis interpolation
- Fully automated probing tests provide accurate and consistent results, avoiding introduced errors associated with manual tests
- User defined test angles allow machines to be tested at critical orientations
- Tolerance functions increase confidence before critical features are machined
- History and comparison functions allow performance to be tracked over time, allowing trends to be monitored and maintenance scheduled
- Graphical reports combined with tolerance checking quickly identify changes in performance due to collisions or setting errors
- All graphical plots are available in printed reports for record keeping and distribution
MD Calibrations LLC is an Authorized Distributor of Renishaw Metrology Products. Contact us for up-to-date pricing on the world's finest, most accurate measurement equipment.